The day has finally come for Apple to announce it’s most anticipated device to date. After many rumors, much curiosity and countless leaks, Apple officially announced the new features of the newest iPhone. Sharing the stage with the iPhone 5 was the announcement of the newest version of the iPod. There are a BUNCH of new features for all three devices so I will go into the main ones for each and link the story with the full scoop below.
iPod (new models of Touch and Nano announced)
- 5 megapixel camera with face detectio, flash and 1080i video quality
- auto focus stabilization (no more shaky or out of focus Instagram shots)
- Built in FM-tuner
- Bluetooth communication with AirPlay which allows videos and TV shows to be streamed directly from iPod to TV
- Larger screen
- More powerful processor
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation
- Upgraded Siri (more languages and capabilities)
- Panoramic Camera capabilities
- Facebook and Twitter Integration (EVERYTHING will be 1-click away from being posted to Twitter or Facebook)
Pricing starts at $199, with the 32GB and 64GB models at $299 and $399 respectively (with 2-year contracts.) The iPhone 5 will be available on Verizon Wireless, AT&T, and Sprint
Stay tuned for a new version of the iPad too, Apple announced they want to come out with a smaller version of the iPad to make it easier to carry and handle.
What do you think of the new iPhone 5? Is it everything it was hyped up to be? Will you be purchasing it?